Many of the clients are getting lots of LFD notification about IP block due to SSH failure. Do the following steps to disable such notifications? Here we provide an example notification regarding IP block.
Time: Fri Oct 24 06:25:44 2014 +0100
IP: 18.104.22.168 (UA/Ukraine/-)
Failures: 10 (ftpd)
Interval: 3600 seconds
Blocked: Permanent Block
Steps to disable IP block LFD notifications.
1) Login to WHM.
2) Navigate to “ConfigServer Security & Firewall” under “Plugin” section.
3) Click on “Firewall Configuration” button to edit the CSF configuration File.
4) Search for “LF_PERMBLOCK_ALERT” on the configuration file and click on “Off” button.
5) Click on “Change” button to save the changes.
We need to restart csf and lfd services to enable all changes that we made in the above steps. So click on the “Restart csf+lfd” button to restart both the services.
We can do above settings from the server via terminal.
1) Log in to the server via SSH.
2) Open csf configuration file and search for “LF_PERMBLOCK_ALERT” and set the value to 0.
# vi /etc/csf/csf.conf
3) Then you need to restart both csf and lfd services to enable the changes.
# service csf restart
# service lfd restart
If you need any further help please do reach our support department.